Thursday, 30 March 2017

Filmore & Union, York



After becoming besties 2 and a half years ago through our blogs and social media, I finally got to meet Emily! (You should all check out her blog here). She came to stay in York for my birthday weekend which was just f a b u l o u s. I probs scared Em a bit with how hyper/over excited I was when she arrived. Sorry Em lol. 

Of course this meant a cute cafe stop (or two) would be an essential (next post coming soon). We decided to make a visit to Filmore & Union which is one of those super healthy, eat clean places. It has an instagrammable cafe bit downstairs and then a more ambient restaurant area upstairs. We initially went upstairs but then discovered the lack of white table and made our way back down - I don't think the staff were too happy about it hahahaha. Again, sorry to Em for causing a bit of a scene but y'know, priorities. 



Everything on the menu is gluten free as well as there being lots of dairy free, vegetarian and vegan options. Me and Em were in more of a sweet kind of mood so we both ordered a white chocolate and raspberry blondie and one of the super antioxidant juices.




The white chocolate blondie was DELICIOUS. I would've never guessed that it was gluten free and made of clean ingredients. Not going to lie, I was pretty impressed as It's rare to find healthy treats that actually taste just as indulgent as unhealthy ones. They came with a little ramekin of unsweetened natural yogurt which went with the super sweet blondie perfectly! If only I knew the secret recipe.



The super antioxidant smoothie came in a cute mason jar and admittedly we chose this smoothie because it's a pink one.. again, priorities. Made of strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, apple and coconut water. It was really refreshing but in all honesty I would have preferred it to be a bit sweeter, maybe with an addition of agave syrup or something? It was also quite watery and not the usual thick smoothie consistency I was expecting. Still a perfectly nice and refreshing drink though. 

It came to £8 for the smoothie and brownie which I guess is a little pricey - but when you consider that it's all healthy and expensive ingredients.. not too bad really! it's also a super instagrammable experience so can't really complain!.. it's somewhere that I'll definitely go back to again. I'm keen to try the savoury food!