Thursday, 13 April 2017

I have an obsession with pancakes (a v simple & v yum recipe)


Why are pancakes everywhere at the moment?????? I swear every other pic on Instagram involves a pancake of some sort. This current craze combined with my recent trip to the double Dutch pancake house has resulted in me having an obsession with all things pancake!

I decided to have a go at making my own American style pancakes and thought I may as well share my cute pancake pics and recipe with y'all. 

This recipe made what you can see in the picture - the perfect amount for one brunch serving.



You will need
  • 65g of plain flour
  • half a teaspoon of baking powder
  • a quarter of a teaspoon of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
  • 65ml of milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon of melted butter
  • Whatever toppings your heart desires

Basically all you need to do is mix the dry ingredients together and mix the wet ingredients separately. Then beat the two mixes together until a smooth batter is formed.

Heat up some butter in a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Once melted, add a tablespoon full of batter to the pan (at this point you could add on chocolate chips or blueberries mmmm). Once bubbles start forming on the top, flip your pancake over. It should be fairly obvious when the pancake is cooked (they don't take long at all) but apparently it should have risen to be 1cm thick. Keep repeating until you have a cute stack of pancakes on your plate. 

And voila. Time to feast on your delicious fluffy pancakes! I had mine with berry coulis and banana which was ever so tasty. They're actually really nice just on their own but hey, that doesn't make for a great Insta picture so I highly recommend toppings.